1.6.08

lurked, volume two: angela stella

if you remember a while back i did a little post on the wonderful mark p, co-founder and creative powerhouse behind the LA group PRMTVE. now i would like to introduce y'all to mark's gf and partner and crime, the beautiful and talented angela stella, all around cool kid and photographer extraordinaire:



i'm a huge fan of angela's photography so i showcased some of it below and had a little chat with angela via myspace about her inspirations and aspirations. i have no doubt that angela will go far with her artistic eye and skill behind the camera. also, she has excellent taste in music and some seriously awesome hair. you can find out more about angela and see more of her photography on myspace and flickr.




How did you get interested in photography?
Since I was 5 my Aunt Angela from Greece comes out to visit every year for a month during Winter Break and she always take pictures of everything. Growing up, I wanted to be just like her so I began taking pictures of anything I saw lying around. At the age of 13 I picked up a fashion magazine and my vision on photography expanded immensely. Since then I’ve been aspiring to be a fashion photographer.

Favorite photographers/artists?
Ryan McGinley, Lina Sheynius, Juergen Teller, Diane Arbus

What inspires your photography?
Human beings, Places, Stories, Honesty, Vintage, Diversity, Old-school, Fashion, and a little bit of everything that has made an impact on my life

What inspires you and your style?
Fashion magazines, 1970’s , imagination, passion, family

Dream photoshoot?
Shooting for Nylon Mag on the streets of Tokyo with every single person that would like to be in my picture.

Favorite magazines?
Nylon, NME, VOGUE, PC PHOTO

three favorite books:
Sex, Drugs, and Coco Puffs
I Love You is Back
Born in the year of the butterfly knife

three favorite movies:
Gladiator
Pulp Fiction
Good Fellas

three favorite albums:
The Black Keys - Magic Potion
Immortal Technique - Revolutionary, Vol. 2
Muddy Waters - I’m Ready

top three places in the world you’d like to visit:
Tokyo, Ireland, Australia

Who are your style icons?
my best friend Shelby and my boyfriend Mark ;]

Describe your style:
New-wave, but old-school

If you had $1,000 to blow right now on one item, what would you get?
The Canon Mark 3!

What’s your summer soundtrack?
Sublime, The Black Keys, Shwayze, MGMT, The Expendables, Girl Talk, Leftover Crack, Howlin Wolf, Cool Kids, Bloc Party

What do you plan on doing after HS?
Attending Brookes Institute of Photography, makin money, taking pictures

Person you would most like to meet?
There’s not one person in particular, I’d like to meet anyone.

And umm… what shampoo do you use? Seriously - best hair ever.
Natures Gate Tea Tree Calming Shampoo!

























No comments: